Education and Training
Lisa completed her four year graduate education at Southwest Acupuncture College where she had training in the five branches of Oriental Medicine: Acupuncture, Theory, Biomedicine, Chinese Herbal Medicine, and Asian Bodywork.
She is a designated Diplomate of Oriental Medicine by the National Committee for the Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) and is a licensed acupuncturist in the state of Colorado. She has advanced clinical training in the treatment of addiction and trauma, mental health, sports medicine, women’s health, NAET allergy elimination and is a NADA trained addictions specialist.
Lisa is also a certified Satori lifestyle coach. She has a Bachelor of Science in psychology and communications and has over eight years of experience working as a counselor. Please see below for a list of her licenses and certifications.
Licenses and credentials
- Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac.), Colorado Division of Registrations (DORA)
- Diplomate in Oriental Medicine (Dipl. O.M.), National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- Diplomate in Chinese Herbology (Dipl. C.H.), National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- Diplomate of Acupuncture (Dipl. Ac.), National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- Certified Satori lifestyle coach
Advanced Clinical Internships and Studies
- Clinical Internship, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Center for Integrative Medicine, Daisy Dong, L.Ac. O.M.D
- Clinical Internship, Martha Lucas, L.Ac, Ph.D
- Clinical Internship in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Southwest Acupuncture College, Valerie Hobbs, O.M.D., L.Ac.
- Clinical Internship in Five Elements Acupuncture, Southwest Acupuncture College, Abbye Silverstein, O.M.D., L.Ac.
- Clinical Internship in Anxiety and Depression, Southwest Acupuncture College, Debby Shapiro, L.Ac., BSN
Advanced Training and Certificates
- NAET Allergy Elimination
- Advanced Treatment of Sports Injuries, Whitfield Reaves, OMD, LAc
- Advanced Training in Pulse Diagnosis, Martha Lucas, LAc, PhD
- Mei Zen Cosmetic Facial Acupuncture, Martha Lucas, LAc, PhD
- The Treatment of Sports Injuries with Acupuncture, Whitfield Reaves, OMD, LAc
- Advanced Treatment of Mental Health Disorders, Michael Young, LAc
- Molecules of Behavior, Diagnosis and Treatment of Neurotransmitter Imbalances
- TCM Treatment of Neurotransmitter Disorders, Jake Paul Fratkin, OMD, LAc
- Clean Needle Technique (CNT), Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Red Cross